Saturday, January 12, 2008

Running as a Cure for Jet Lag?

Entry for 11 January 2007:

We got back from the US about noon on Monday and it’s now Friday, so you’d think I’d be over the jet lag by now, but I’ve been struggling with it all week, not being able to go to bed before midnight or 1 am, then lying awake tossing and turning until 2 or 2:30. Personally, I blame not having gotten a run in, a result of a crazy schedule all week. Somehow, my body never feels like it’s truly arrived in a place until I’ve been out in the weather in my thin running clothes, really experiencing it; pounding on the pavement as I follow the familiar paths; breathing the air deeply, just feeling the place in that intense kind of way. This seems to reset my internal body clock, or maybe it just helps me sleep better, but whatever the reason, I seem to do better when I can get a run in the first or second day back.

1 comment:

Avihu said...

hi robert
I am just marveling the power of the Internet while reading your blog.
It is interesting to describe [at least for me] how I found your blog.
My name is Avihu and I am from Israel.
I am practitioner of E.F.T
but it is a bit different than your FOCUSED E.F.T
iT STANDS FOR EMOTINAL FREEDOM TECHNIUE and it uses the dame acronym as your e.f.t
Since I am subscribed to google with E.F.T I got your blog.
So I stareted reading your interesting describtion of P.E E.F.T
AND READING ABOUT YOUR DRIVE , ABOUT DUNDEE AND HERE I AM IN THE MIDDLE EAST IN ISRAEL and reading what you wrote so far away
what is focused E.F.T
warmly
Avihu