Thursday, January 07, 2010

Entry 400: Epiphany 2010

6 January 2010, Epiphany:


This is entry 400 for this blog, which began in September 2006. It is still evolving: The content shifts gradually over time, as my interests and life shift. The readership has shifted also over time, which means that I have to be more careful about what I write. My kids read it less; but students and sometimes clients read it now. The mixture of content continues to be quite diverse, from poems to statistics, with Saturday Adventures and bits about therapy and training in between: I like to say that there is something here to bore everyone.


I plan to continue the blog, but can’t promise to continue posting close to 100 entries per year. We’ll just have to see what emerges!


Yesterday, January 6, was the Feast of the Epiphany. My mom sent me an email about some things that have been happening; in response I wrote:


We are all at various points in our different life labyrinths. At this moment the little ornamental elm tree by my garage here in Toledo has seemingly sprouted brown squirrel fruit in its bare branches, stark against the white snow-covered roofs to the side and behind. The squirrels huddle high in the branches, one with its tail curled back over its back and head, grooming itself, the other working on a nut. The first squirrel wanders off, tight-roping along the cable TV line. When I look up again, it has returned to its perch in the little elm tree, and is now working away on its own nut. The squirrels have their labyrinths of branches, as we have ours of relationships, rich interconnections. It’s good to have company while we gnaw away at the nuts we’ve hidden away for a time like this!

No comments: