Saturday, October 20, 2007

Virgin Train Through the Lake District

Entry for 18 October 2007:

On the 5:55 Train to Birmingham. It’s now 7:30 and we’ve just left Penrith, in the Lake District. I’ve dozed most of the way from Glasgow, having taught EFT-2 until 9pm last night. We had our first frost of the season last night, and we had to scrape the ice off the car so Diane could drive me to Glasgow Central. Venus was high in the east as we drove off through the empty streets. Now the sun is about the rise; the eastern sky is pink above the mists and frosty fields. The English oaks on the hills haven’t lost their leaves yet, though, which is reassuring. I love this part of the journey, through the valleys of the Lake District.

The NRES application for the Social Anxiety study is basically finished; I’ll submit it electronically after I get back from Birmingham tomorrow. The November Research Ethics Committee docket was full when I phoned the local committee (located at Gartnavel Hospitial, a 10 min walk from our flat), so we will have to go with the December meeting. I’m about to start on the Practice-Based Research Protocol, and there is a still stack of manuscripts I need to get to.

But for now it’s off to Birmingham for a meeting of the BACP journal, Counselling and Psychotherapy Research, and it feels like a bit of breathing space for a day or two.

No comments: